Thursday, December 20, 2012
How to Effectively Ditch a Two Year-Old
1. Rope him/her into a game of Hide-and-Seek. Really give it the hard sell. The entire plan essentially hinges on you accomplishing this quite manageable task.
2. Strategically plant a snack item near the toy bin. You may even want to leave goldfish cracker trail, if your toddler isn’t the sharpest tack on the board. You can never be too careful.
3. Pack for your staycation. Brew some coffee, gather your tablets, novels, crosswords. Whatever flips your pancake, so to speak, and place it in your (dry) bathtub.
4. Commence promised game of Hide-and-Seek. Play a few rounds, on the off chance that it may actually be fun for either party. You want to be sure to exhaust all the joy.
5. Hide somewhere awesome (hint: try the tub, be sure to pull the curtain).
6. Wait till he/she gives up (should be no more than ninety seconds). Don’t come out till nap time.